MILLIONS OF UKRAINIANS WERE STARVED TO DEATH IN THE BREADBASKET OF EUROPE
- At the same time the Soviet regime was dumping 1.7 million tons of grain on Western markets.
- The famine was engineered by the Soviet regime.
- It was an act of genocide designed to undermine the social basis of Ukrainian national resistance.
- At the height of the Famine, Ukrainian villagers were dying at the rate of:
17 per minute,
1,000 per hour,
25,000 per day
--- Newest Information ---
- Oct 30, 2013:
NSW Parliament in Australia Recognises Holodomor as Genocide
- Hon Marie Ficarra MLC (NSW Parliament) Speech
- Macquarie Dictionary now has the entry "Holodomor"
- Holodomor Research and Education Consortium (HREC) Conferences:
May 10-12, 2013 and September 27-28, 2013
- Writing Competition - 2013
Submission deadline: January 15, 2014
- Commemorating the 80th Anniversary of the Holodomor Ukrainian Famine-Genocide of 1932-33 - "Share the Story"
- Contextualizing the Holodomor
A Conference on the 80th Anniversary; September 27–28, 2013 — Toronto, Ontario
- Holodomor Education Conference
May 10‒12, 2013, in Toronto
H.E.C. Program (pdf)
- THE HOLODOMOR READER
A Sourcebook on the Famine of 1932-1933 in Ukraine, compiled and edited
by Bohdan Klid and Alexander J. Motyl. University of Alberta,
University of Toronto, Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies Press,
2012. Detailed book information, working links, with link to original pdf.
- REASONS FOR STUDYING THE HOLODOMOR:
Its Historical Significance (Apr. 2013)
- LESSON PLANS
and Background Information
for Teachers on the Holodomor - presented at
the OHASSTA (Ontario History and Social Sciences Teachers' Association)
Conference by Valentina Kuryliw
- HOLODOMOR OF 1932-33 IN UKRAINE:
Documents and Materials
Airbrushing History at The New York Times
- The Holodomor, 1932-1933
A Ukrainian Genocide
- Torontonians Remember the Famine of 1930s
- How Stalin’s terrible famine in Ukraine was exposed by a Western Mail writer
- Turning a Blind Eye
- Democratic press handmaidens
- Analysis of a Historical Document
search technology for this website
(Please Delete your Browser Cache)